This episode is extra special for me because the guest, Lewaa Nasserdeen, is a dear friend of mine. He is one of the hardest working individuals I’ve met and he continues to be an inspiration to me every day. Screenwriters will really want to hear Lewaa’s episode because he breaks down action plans to move writers closer towards their writing goals, explains how to become an expert at our craft, crucial writing habits, and so much more to help you succeed in your writing career.
Learn More About Lewaa Nasserdeen
Lewaa Nasserdeen is an award-winning filmmaker whose career spans film, television, and documentary. Currently writing for the upcoming ABC comedy ‘The Real O’Neals’ starring Martha Plimpton. Lewaa’s additional credits include the hit comedy series ‘The Goldbergs’ as well as the haunting feature film ‘Baby Blues’ (2008). Selected to take part in the prestigious 2014 Disney/ABC Writing Program, Lewaa has also been a story editor on the critically acclaimed series “X-Weighted” (Discovery) and the gritty, real-life documentary “The Rig” (OLN).
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- One key takeaway for improving your writing (really helpful tip!)
- A breakdown of Lewaa’s action plan for his scripts that carry him from idea through execution
- Detailed action plan using a common and popular script idea as an example
- How to elevate yourself to remain an expert in the industry
- The one thing that will land you the writing job, giving you an edge over other more talented writers
- How to develop writing habits to help you get closer to your writing goals
- The kiss-of-death for all creative artists and how to avoid it
- Landing a literary agent
- Why mentors are crucial to your career
- How to work with a mentor even if you don’t have access to large networks
Lewaa’s Recommended Books & Podcast:
Story: Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert McKee
Save The Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need by Blake Snyder
Shooting to Kill: How an Independent Producer Blasts Through the Barriers to Make Movies that Matter by Christine Vachon
Scriptnotes Podcast By John August and Craig Mazin
Please Leave a Review
It means so much to me to be able to share my interviews with you. Ratings and reviews on my podcast’s iTunes page helps a LOT in helping me to spread the word about the podcast. The more ratings and reviews I receive, the more you’re helping with the ranking of my show. That means there’s a higher chance of my podcast being found and subscribed to. Please leave me honest feedback as I read every single one and want to know how I can make improvements and continue delivering awesome content. Click here to leave a review for 88 CUPS OF TEA.
Thank you so much in advance for leaving me a review and rating!