Storytellers & Friends! O-M-G we’re kicking off the very first episode of Season 2 of 88 CUPS OF TEA with the ever-so humble, talented, funny, and inspiring VICTORIA AVEYARD.
Victoria is the #1 New York Times Bestselling author of the RED QUEEN book series, which just celebrated its 21st week on the New York Times list! Movie rights for the series were sold to Universal Pictures with Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad) penning the film adaptation and Elizabeth Banks (Pitch Perfect 2) in talks to direct. According to The Hollywood Reporter, RED QUEEN is similar to HUNGER GAMES, GAME OF THRONES, X-MEN, and CINDERELLA.
In today’s episode, we discuss story ideas and character development, how Victoria got her foot in the door with her literary agency, the ups and downs throughout her writing career, the publishing community, the importance of family, and a lot more incredibly inspiring stories and advice! You’ll learn so much from her episode and my hope is for you to feel just as refreshed, inspired, and motivated as I did after our interview!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Victoria’s journey of transitioning from screenwriting to crafting her first novel
- How Victoria built her RED QUEEN series off of a single image and how this technique can help you craft your next story
- How Victoria creates an outline for her novels and how her advice can help you find your perfect outline structure
- The importance of knowing where your character comes from to create their perfect personality
- How writing for the fanfiction world indirectly became a writing workshop for Victoria
- Victoria shares writing techniques and tips used to grab readers’ attention at the beginning of a novel
Learn More About VICTORIA AVEYARD
Victoria Aveyard graduated from USC, where she majored in screenwriting. RED QUEEN is her first novel. She splits her time between Massachusetts and Los Angeles.