To be approved, you must have an active profile (with a recognizable face in your profile picture), answer all 3 member-request questions, and read through our group rules before joining. By joining, you are acknowledging you have read, understood, and agree to our group rules. We’re very protective of this space & will weed out any spam/fake profiles.
Yin Chang Host + Producer of 88 Cups of Tea
Moonlynn Tsai Co-Producer of 88 Cups of Tea Moonlynn grew up in the restaurant industry & has started multiple restaurants & upscale bars. She currently co-owns Kopitiam in NYC!
Welcome to the 88 Cups of Tea community, a safe haven and uplifting space where storytellers gather to root for each other, connect, learn, grow, & share advice and wins.
88 Cups of Tea is a podcast that has grown into a mighty community. Each of our episodes feature kick-ass creative souls & are packed with motivating & actionable stories + how-to’s to make progress with your writing aspirations.
This is a safe space for our podcast listeners to get to know each other & cheer each other on with our writing + creative goals. I’m so excited to have this space where I can also update you on upcoming interviews, hear you out with your questions for specific guests & ask for your thoughts/input about the podcast overall.
Before you make yourself at home, please be sure to read through the group rules below. It is most important we keep this a warm, safe, supportive & helpful community. In order to keep it this way, posts or comments that violate any of the following rules will be deleted & members will be removed from the group without warning.
1) Please be courteous & introduce yourself. Our group is getting bigger (that’s a great thing!), however, as we expand, I want to make sure we maintain the intimacy and feel of community in our group. Imagine that you are entering a physical home of 88 Cups of Tea. I know many of us here are shy, but please do make sure to say “Hi” like you would when you enter someone’s home, and if you choose to remain on the quiet side afterwards, that’s ok!
2) We value paying it forward. As an overall rule, comment on other people’s posts before you post your own.
3) No promotions of any kind. [Do not post affiliate links, links to your products, links to a Facebook group, links to your website.]
4) No sharing/critiquing/feedback on your writing. This group serves as a support group rather than a writing workshop. However, we absolutely encourage you to connect with each other outside of the group about it if it’s MUTUALLY beneficial.
5) No ranting, bullying, trash talking. This is a positive, warm, and welcoming community. Anyone that disrespects this will be removed immediately.
6) Keep our space uplifting and toxic-free. Real-talk is encouraged, but negative attitudes are not. Keep in mind that fellow listeners come to our group for a boost in morale. If you only want to “vent”, this is not the right group and your post will be deleted.
7) In our Tuesday “Toot Your Horn” thread, we encourage you to share positive reviews of your published work and/or comment about your latest storytelling-related achievement, this is the only exception to rule #3 where we encourage you to share links that are related to your exciting storytelling-related news of the week. No affiliate links.
8) We discourage posts that only link directly to your book’s sales page. It will be removed.
9) We aim for each thread to stay on topic. Post non-thread related questions in the main comment box on our page. This helps our group easily spot your questions & have the chance to respond.
*Rules may be added/changed at any time as we grow.