To be approved, you must have an active profile with a recognizable face in your profile picture (no profile pictures with random objects, hidden faces, etc.), answer all 3 member-request questions, and read through our group rules before joining. By joining, you are acknowledging you have read, understood, and agree to our group rules. We’re very protective of this space & will weed out any spam/fake profiles.
Welcome to the 88 Cups of Tea community, an uplifting space where storytellers gather to root for each other, connect, learn, grow, & share advice and wins. We are an online platform and podcast for creative writers looking for guidance in their storytelling journey and connection to a community, fostering year-round conversations around the personal and professional life of a writer. We explore and unpack conversations that touch on topics like overcoming rejections and challenges, querying tips and crafting advice, lifestyle habits that support the heart and the soul, what it means to be Human while navigating a creative path, and more. We pride ourselves in nurturing a supportive environment that aims to encourage, inspire, and entertain.
Before you make yourself at home, please be sure to read through the group rules below. It is most important we keep this a warm, safe, supportive & helpful community. In order to keep it this way, posts or comments that violate any of the following rules will be deleted & members will be removed from the group without warning.
1) Please be courteous & introduce yourself. Our group is getting bigger (that’s a great thing!), however, as we expand, we want to maintain the intimacy and feel of community in our group. Imagine that you are entering a physical home of 88 Cups of Tea. Many of us here are shy, but please do make sure to say “Hi” like you would when you enter someone’s home, and if you choose to remain on the quiet side afterward, that’s ok!
2) We value paying it forward. As an overall rule, comment on other people’s posts before you post your own.
3) No promotions of any kind. [Do not post threads or affiliate links, links to your products, links to a Facebook group, links to your website or a website, any outside link or that’s promoting you/your product/your services/offers of any kind.]
4) No sharing/critiquing/feedback on your writing. This group serves as a support group rather than a writing workshop. However, we absolutely encourage you to connect with each other outside of the group about it if it’s MUTUALLY beneficial.
5) No ranting, bullying, trash talking. This is a positive, warm, and welcoming community. Anyone that disrespects this will be removed immediately.
6) Keep our space uplifting and toxic-free. Real-talk is encouraged, but negative attitudes are not. Keep in mind that fellow listeners come to our group for a boost in morale. If you only want to “vent”, this is not the right group and your post will be deleted. Any post that encourages discussion that may stir up any kind of negativity within the group will be removed immediately.
7) In our Tuesday “Toot Your Horn” thread, we encourage you to share positive reviews of your published work and/or comment about your latest storytelling-related achievement, this is the only exception to rule #3 where we encourage you to share links that are related to your exciting storytelling-related news of the week. No affiliate links. Any affiliate links will be removed immediately.
8) We discourage posts that only link directly to your book’s sales page. It will be removed.
9) We aim for each thread to stay on topic. Post non-thread related questions in the main comment box on our page. This helps our group easily spot your questions & have the chance to respond.
10) Book publicists interested in joining will only be allowed in if you personally have an interest in writing your own books and are planning to engage and participate in our weekly threads as a writer. This is not the space to promote your clients or you will be removed immediately.
*Rules may be added/changed at any time as we grow.