Storytellers! Man, do I have a SUPER special episode for you today. We have actor Katie Lowes from ABC’s “Scandal” on the show with us! We discuss the entertainment industry and what kind of work it takes to be a successful actor, writer, producer, and director. Katie’s journey will resonate with all listeners. Whether you’re transitioning into a screenwriting career, or you’re in the midst of launching a new business, today’s episode is packed with hard-hitting wisdom on being successful.
PS. This is one of our listeners’ top-picks for “most motivating” episodes!
Katie’s Recommended Books & Resources:
You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
Girls by Lena Dunham
“There’s a little bit of fate & magic involved.”Katie Lowes
“I’m constantly, constantly, pushing myself to make the most out of my time.”Katie Lowes
“You are going to have a much better ride in this journey of your career if you come from a place of plenty.”Katie Lowes
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The kind of work you need to put in to be a successful creative (writer, actor, director, producer)
- How Katie constantly pushes to make the most out of her time
- Why it’s crucial to take care of your mental and emotional health to succeed when an opportunity arises
- Why you need to work at least 8 hours on your craft each day
- Katie’s lowest moments throughout her acting career and how she pulled through
- How she landed the role of Quinn Perkins on ABC’s “Scandal”
Learn More About Katie Lowes
Katie Lowes is the co-artistic director and co-founder of IAMA Theatre Company. She can be seen starring as Quinn Perkins on ABC’s Scandal, which is in its 5th season. Lowes is a native New Yorker and just celebrated her 10 year anniversary moving to Los Angeles where she resides with her husband Adam Shapiro. Katie is also in development on a TV show with Shondaland and ABC Studios and working on a book. She has written for Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter and she’s challenging herself by writing more! Lowes is a graduate of Tisch School of the Arts and studied at RADA and the School at Steppenwolf.